Facebook collaboration for Willow’s 1st Birthday
Straight from the pages of a beautifully illustrated storybook, Platell Park at Broadbeach was transformed into an elegant Enchanted Woodland on Sunday, June 16 for a very special Willow celebrating her 1st birthday party. The birthday girl probably won’t remember all the effort that went into making her very first party so magical, but it will be etched in the memory of her parents forever.
The magical Enchanted Woodland party was brought to life by a number of talented Gold Coast event suppliers sourced from the Facebook group called #Gold Coast Girls in Business. Through this unique group with over 17,000 members came a vibrant local collaboration of event suppliers.
As guests entered the beautiful Platell Park they were greeted by a flute playing woodland stilt angel while walking through a bohemian lace backdrop into the party area. Willow’s name in giant light up letters stretched along the grass which was also covered with an array of giant games such as chess, checkers and connect four. A central tepee created a feature point for the young guests to enter and be entertained by a variety of experiential activities while under a soft white bohemian tent a delicious grazing platter featured meats, cheeses and fruit. Three party drops carried the theme of the Enchanted Woodland creating numerous photo opportunities as guests mingled and visited with the birthday girl. A truly magical day for the Birthday girl and her guests.
Willow’s doting parents also reached out to the local Gold Coast community and asked guests to donate a gift to Baby Give Back a Gold Coast based charity that believe that every baby deserves an equal start in lieu of a gift for the birthday girl.
“The number of small businesses who were excited to get involved in making Willow’s first birthday nothing short of amazing was beyond our expectations.”, said Caroline Hutchison Willow’s Mum and General Manager of Events & Backdrops Fantastic.
The Gold Coast event suppliers to this special event were:
- Events Fantastic Australia for the event creation, concept planning and execution, styling, party games, bubble machine and providing the luxury white marquee
- Backdrops Fantastic Australia for the partydrops
- Light Up Letters for the illuminated Willow
- Boost Social for facilitating the collaboration and running the social media campaign
- Bespokeshop for the bohemian lace backdrop
- Conkandco for the grazing platter
- Laurie Gold Hair for hair braiding with glitter
- Sign Wraps Design for the Willow is 1 sign
- Bumbleberry Bakes for the enchanted chocolate woodland cake
- The Cookie Mumma for the personalised number 1 cookies
- Emily’s Party Palace for the face painting and balloons
- Visual Reality for photography and videography
- Timmy and Tammy Events for the experiential Tepee